somebody please teach this guy how to hit a sac fly.
that being said he is still one of my favs.
I think PVfan is out of season so I'll post it.
Adam Dunn signed a 2 year deal yesterday with an option for a 3rd. ONe of the best power hitters in MLB will be a Red for two seasons at 18 million dollars. 7.5 this year and 10.5 next year. The 3rd year option is worth 13.5
somebody please teach this guy how to hit a sac fly.
that being said he is still one of my favs.
[img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]
I really like Dunn but the truth is....he either hits a home run or strikes out plain and simple
No Regrets
[censored], the reds need pitching. Hopefully Dunn can play first base and they can put Willy Mo, Griffey, and Kearns in the OF. I'm ready for baseball to start.
[img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]
yet he still has an OBP equivalent to most leadoff hitters.
strikeouts are overrated.
[img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]
I disagree, I'd rather have somebody who can put the ball in play than Adam Dunn.
[img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]
well adam dunn is gonna hit 40 dingers and gotta on base 40% of the time. if he played for the yankees/red sox or a bigger market team that would translate to prob 50 dingers, a higher batting avg, and a shoe contract.
why 10 more homers a year and a higher batting avg? having two guys in the lineup who can protect him. Look what it did for David Ortiz. Both players are very similar, however I think Dunn will have a better career.
[img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]
I agree with you there....Dunn needs protection and he's not gonna find any in Cincy
No Regrets
Sac Flies = Outs
Outs = Bad!
I'll take his 40 dingers from last year and a .247 batting average as long as his OBP is near or over .400 and his OPS is over 1.000.
Not to mention he played last year with a broken hand!
And he has protection in the lineup. Wily MO Pena will hit close to 40 homers this year playing a full season as long as he stays healthy. Kearns and Griffey will each hit 25 playing in Cincy (health pending).
The pitching will keep the Reds from winning this year. Hopefully the new owners and Krivsky will get some pitching next year.
Bookmarks